Monday, November 26, 2012

Staying In Shape

Product: Venus balls – Vaginal Balls
Manufacturer: Dorcel
Material: 100% Elastomer –Soft Touch


Cleaning: This is more porous than silicone, so you can't just boil this to disinfect it. You can wash it with toy cleaner or a mild soap with warm water.

Also, due to the nature of this material, it should not be shared.


Lube: This item can be used with either silicone or water based lube.




This review has been a long time in the making. I’ve wanted some sort of kegel balls for quite a long time, and when the opportunity to review a set came up from a sex toy company I love, I jumped on it without much thought.

When the Dorcel Venus Balls came in the mail, however, I realized that perhaps I should have started elsewhere for my first kegel balls – these are absolutely HUGE. And unlike other balls, you can’t attach-and-detach the balls, so you really do have to be able to use both. Dorcel makes the same product in single ball format, so perhaps that’s a better place to start if you’re looking to start working your kegels and want to start slow.

I’ll admit, I had a lot of trouble with these when I first attempted to use them. I tried countless times over the course of a week to fully insert both balls, but it just didn’t happen. Something about the size or shape of these just weren’t working for me at first. I did eventually manage to pop them in, but it just wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Once they're in, they're generally quite comfortable to wear, even for the entire day.

One of the things I truly love about these kegel balls is the little balls that roll around inside of them. I thoroughly enjoyed shaking these like maracas while playing with them in my hand, but the truth is, they aren’t that much fun once inserted. Yes, I could feel them moving around while I did jumping jacks, or when RS made me laugh so hard I was crying, but they didn’t excite me in any sort of arousing way. It wasn’t unpleasant, but it wasn’t pleasurable in and of itself either. But that’s not what I bought these for, so let’s move on to how they work as an exercise companion.

Now, I’ve been trying to wear these whenever I can, and have been hounding my partner whenever we engage sexually with question after question: Did that feel tighter? Can you feel these? Yes, I’m gripped – does it feel different than it did two weeks ago? What are the orgasms like? Feel stronger?

For the most part, he’s just not quite sure. I work on my kegels every day, just as I have for years, balls or no balls. I don’t know if these have done anything in terms of strengthening my PC muscles – I’d like to say yes, but I can’t become a walking infomercial and tell you that you need these for x, y, or z. I haven’t noticed any significant difference as of yet, but I’ll keep using them for a few reasons:

They give me something concrete to grip while I do my kegels, and they remind me to do them. It’s easy to go a couple of days without doing your kegels when exams roll around and your mind is in a million other places, and your vagina just isn’t one of them. With these in, it’s hard to forget. I’m in the thick of exam time now, and even though my mind is in a million other places, my vagina is doing its thing and I’m honing my multi-tasking skills. Besides, I like to think that just having them in and holding them in is exercising those muscles anyway, with or without concentrated thought or exercise.


Overall, I’m happy with these. I enjoy wearing them and I’m going to continue wearing them. Perhaps one day I’ll be able to pinpoint it and say that yes, these do contribute significantly to my PC muscle strengthening, but until then, I’ll just enjoy my PC muscles and keep them in tip top shape any way I can.



FAITHFULLY YOURS,

No comments:

Post a Comment